Sunday, January 17, 2010

VERY SPECIAL DAY!

Today was a special day for both Tyler and me!

Tyler was ordained the Melchizedek Priesthood. His father gave him the blessing. It was so special. I was so happy I could be there to share that with him. We are both excited that now he can give blessings with ever it's needed. It's amazing how much the priesthood is a comfort. I am seriously so blessed to have such an amazing man in my life! I think Tyler has seen it all from watching my dad be assulted to changing all of Taylee's poopie diapers. (I know, thats a real man right there :D)

During the blessing I was lucky that Jennie was there to watch Tay so I could actually be apart of it. (Jenni you are seriously amazing!)... when Tyler was getting the blessing I could feel a warm bright glow come upon him. It was very comforting to me. I am happy he can start exercising the priesthood and grow to be even stronger. I am so grateful that Tyler could be ordained today! ....... especially because....

I have had lots of ups and downs with my repentence process. The temple is very important in my life. It's been around 2-3 years since I've been able to go into a temple. It has been hard on me. I know how important temples are. I want to have that foundation for me as a person to grow and especially to raise Taylee on. I have had many amazing spiritual experiences (ill talk about later) but I have felt ready to go into the temple for awhile.

Bishop and I fasted last week. He told me to make sure I go to the temple grounds and think about everything while I fasted. I did, it was a great fast, I was lucky to have Tyler come with me and watch Taylee while I paid attention to the feeling of the spirit and kept my mind on the savior. I prayed to god that day. I asked him to forgive me for everything, I asked him to help me feel that I've been forgiven and have strength. After I said that Prayer I got off my knees and I had a rush of "warm Comfort" come upon my body. It was a great feeling. Today (Sunday) I met with my Bishop. I told him everything that had happened. He wanted me to knee down on the floor with him and pray. We prayed, it was the most overwhelming comforting feeling ever. I coudln't help but cry because of happiness. He told me I have been forgiven. I can't even explain how much joy I felt. All I could do is cry. It was the most humble, happy, grateful cry. Then he told me that I can meet with him next time and get my baptism reccomend. I almost jumped off my chair for joy. I felt like a little 5 year old that was seeing all the Princess' for the first time or something. It was an unforgetable experience. (I wrote it, because I always want to remember and cherish it). I am so grateful for the atonement in my life. I am so happy that Jesus suffered for all of our sins and made it so we can return to him again. I am so grateful for the temple and the amazing feeling it brings to you. I can't wait until I can walk into those temple doors. (PRETTY SOON!!!) yay!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't describe how excited I am!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have wanted this for so long. It finally happened. I can't say how excited I am enough. The coolest thing was, when my bishop told me that I have been forgiven... I felt all the weight come off my shoulders. I felt like I was the old "JESSI" again. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HORRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe that going through such a tough road makes you realize just how important the church is. Especially how significant the temples and sacrement is. I am so grateful for JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HIM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without him, I would seriously be lost!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home